- College Rankings from U.S. News Free tools to find the perfect school for you, including graduate schools. Search college rankings or by school name. Expanded profiles available by subscription.
- College Answer Information on planning as well as paying for college. Also a section on careers, salaries, and job requirements.
- CollegeNet Search by region, college sports, major, tuition, and several other criteria to quickly find the ideal college, including online degrees and colleges. Also enables you to review, compare, and sort schools.
- GoCollege Identify suitable colleges, find financial aid and practice exams for admission tests like SAT & ACT.
- Colleges, College Scholarship and Financial Aid Offers information on colleges, including distance learning programs, as well as SAT & Act test prep tips and free searches for scholarships and financial aid.
- Peterson’s Education and Career Center Comprehensive site for finding private secondary schools, career colleges, undergraduate colleges and universities, and graduate programs. Includes information on finding scholarships and financial aid.
- The Princeton Review Explore colleges and universities, including graduate programs. Find courses and tutors to help with test preparation.
- Peterson’s Distance Learning Comprehensive directory of accredited distance learning, online courses and degree programs from one of the world’s largest publishers of educational directories and test preparation guides.
- American Distance Education Consortium Consortium of state universities and land grant colleges provides links to digital libraries and virtual universities. Includes courseware resources, lesson plans, grant information and standards for educators.
- College Scholarships, Colleges, and Online Degrees Find online degrees from accredited colleges and universities.
- Yahoo distance Learning A directory of distance learning programs arranged by Yahoo.com
- Educacion Superior Financial aid programs in Spanish.
- EducationPlanner This site from American Education Services (AES) has information about applying, comparing, paying for college and many other topics to help people with their college research.
- FurtherYourEducation Transferring from a two year to a four year college? How to transfer credits, timelines, financial aid info.
- Peterson’s Sample test questions from Peterson.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
- PHEAA Grants/Flood Related Assistance Because of the damage caused by recent flooding, the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency is giving special consideration to a student’s state grant application when it is determined that the family’s ability to finance educational costs has been reduced as a result of losses incurred by the recent disaster emergencies.A special Casualty Loss Form is now available online at www.pheaa.org/casualty-loss. In addition, staff is available to answer any questions at 1-800-692-7392.
If your circumstances have changed and you believe you should be considered, please fill out the online form and submit it.
- Search Federal School Codes: FAFSA Link to “find my school codes” on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid site.
- Access FAFSA Free Application for Federal Student Aid Forms: FAFSA Online Form Link to online application for FAFSA Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- FAFSA Paper Form Link to request paper application for FAFSA Free Application for Federal Student Aid. Search FAFSA 2007-2008 in Keyword. Or call 1-800-433-3245 to request a paper FAFSA Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
- FAFSA Form PDF Format Link to fill out the FAFSA Free Application for Federal Student Aid in PDF format. Search FAFSA 2007-2008. Then click on PDF. Then print the form, complete the information and MAIL submission.
- FAFSA Federal Government’s Department of Education official student aid site. Fill in the forms online. Deadlines, school codes etc.
- Federal Student Aid Pin Application site
- Federal Student Aid Federal Government’s portal to federal student aid.
- PHEAA Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency. World’s largest scholarship search engine with 1.4 million scholarships worth more than $3 billion.
- Students.Gov Government source for all types of information for students going to college.
- Department of Education Federal Government’s Department of Education. Includes sections on grants and financial aid. About 70% of all student aid comes from the Department of Education. Government source for financial information for students going to college.
- Fastweb.com Search for scholarships and colleges based on your personal profile.
- CollegeNet Scholarship information from CollegeNet. Keyword searchable, No E-mail address required.
- FinAid.org Discusses, loans, scholarships, savings, military aid. Good links to other sites. Award-winning site.
- College Board’s FUND FINDER The College Board’s FUND FINDER scholarship database, also known as ExPAN Scholarship Search, lists scholarships and other types of financial aid programs from 3,300 national, state, public and private sources. The database is updated annually.
- Nationally Coveted College Scholarships and Fellowships Highly competitive and prestigious sources of financial aid for undergraduate and graduate students. Searchable.
- Coca Cola Foundation Eligible to all students attending two year degree granting colleges.
- Peterson’s Education and Career Center
- The Princeton Review Test preparation, information about tutoring, course selection, careers and funding.
- SRN Express SRN Express is a free web version of the Scholarship Resource Network (SRN) database. The SRN database focuses on private-sector, non-need-based aid, and includes information about awards from more than 1,500 organizations. The database is updated annually.
- Unusual Scholarships Although there aren’t many of these, they often attract a lot of attention because of their slightly offbeat nature.
- YouCanDealWithIt Debt management site for college students and graduates. Resources to start off on a good financial footing, personal finances, debt management, loan repayment, car shopping, job hunting, overall budgeting tips and more.
- CampusChamps Designed for student athletes. Info on athletic scholarships, NCAA rules and regulations and advice from coaches; career and college selection and financial aid info.
USA Today Article warning about companies who claim to find college scholarships for you. Also good ideas on overlooked places for scholarship funds.